Thursday 14 August 2008

Almond-Milk Banana Smoothie (Dairy Free)

With more and more people adopting a Vegan or even just Dairy-free diet these days, it's useful to have recipes like these on hand. Plus, it tastes GREAT!

Almond-Milk Banana Smoothie (Dairy Free)

Ingredients:

1 cup of water
1 cup blanched almonds
3-4 large, ripe bananas
squeeze of honey (can be left out to make this a vegan recipe)

Method:

1. Combine water and almonds in a blender and blend until completely smooth (can take about 1-2 mins)

2. Add bananas and blend until preferred consistency (I like mine really smooth, but others like theirs lumpy)

3. If not sweet enough, add some honey and blend again. Serve chilled or as is.

Serves: 2-3

Rating: 4.5

3 comments:

makeabetterday said...

This is like one of my favorites, but I use dairy free chocolate chips and frozen bananas! A creamy delight! Thanks for the post. :)

makeabetterday said...

Thanks for posting! My favorite is similar, but with frozen bananas and vegan chocolate chips!!! A creamy delight!

phoenix said...

I'm glad you like it! I would like to try your version. Yum!